Tuesday, June 3

Doctor Doctor Give Me the News, I've Got a Bad Case of Lovin' You

There are a few things in life that I absolutely hate, mainly dishonest or deceiving people, bad weather, and being hungry and having no food. There are also lots of things in life that I absolutely love, like my family, friends, the church, learning new things, getting lost in a good book, deep conversations, long runs, good food, and spending the entire day at the beach. But just recently, I realized I also have a few obsessions...and they need help. So, any advice you can offer me on how to overcome these obsessions will be greatly appreciated.
The obsessions include (but are not limited to):
1. Dark chocolate. Not milk, not white, just dark, and I'll eat anything that has it in it
2. Any dessert...especially if it's made with dark chocolate. I always want dessert after every meal I eat (even breakfast)
3. Food. Even if I just had a big meal, I'm always ready to eat again (that's not normal)
4. Sleep...as soon as I wake up, I'm ready for a nap again. I think I'm capable of hibernating, which is a new feeling for me. Normally I don't/can't sleep
5. Chips and Salsa...it will satisfy me for any meal and besides dark chocolate, It's all I ever want
6. Working out. My day doesn't feel complete unless I've done it. Plus, with how much I like to eat...enough said
7. Spandex. If I could wear them all day long, everyday of the week, everywhere I went, I would. They're just so darn comfortable
It's kind of sad that almost all of my "obsessions" have to do with food. So, maybe I answered my own question on how to overcome these obsessions...it's called self-control. Maybe that's where my struggles lie.

4 comments:

trentathon said...

Watch out obese nation, Amy is on her way!

Brittany said...

Maybe it runs in our genes, because I have an obsession with basically all of those except two of them. I wish I was more obsessed with working out, but 3 days a week is usually about all I can manage. Also, I don't own any spandex besides my swimming suits. You should defintiely work on that -- I don't know a whole lot of people who even look good in spandex, let alone are obsessed with wearing it. :)

Meg and Alex said...

I like food too it sucks huh, and it sucks how we spend so much money on food! It's okay though we just have to learn how to control ourselves!

Joshua & Joy said...

Amy, you are so funny. Josh says that wanting dessert after every meal is a Thatcher thing. And I don't know what to say about spandex...the last time I wore spandex (besides working out) was in the 7th grade, when I used to wear black stretch pants every day...I had 7 pair. Looking back now, I imagine the other kids thought I wore the same pair of pants every day.