Monday, August 29

Day 15

New Hair-Do.

An old coworkers once complimented me for my hair being different every single day. That doesn't ring true anymore, but once upon a time, I really did "do" my hair a different way most days of the week. And not because I'm good at doing hair, in fact, it's the exact opposite. What people thought was me "doing my hair" was actually me not doing my hair. Hence, it looked different all the time. 

It was great. 

Now, I'm pretty much in a rut of having my hair either straight or curly. By the end of the day, it's always in a ponytail because it's so blasted hot out here, I can't take it being down any longer. 

The other day my sister sent me this picture and told me I should do my hair like this. So, I figured I'd give it a try, beautiful, right?



You win some, you lose some. 
I feel like a 25 year old little Swiss girl. 
But whatever, at least it's off my neck. This would be day 60 of it being in the triple digits. Sick!

Here's the look: 
Top: Ruche, Jeans: Express,  Necklace: Gift, Earrings: Gift
I'm off to my yodeling lessons now. Happy Monday everyone! 

14 comments:

Emily of Boston said...

What a pretty inspiration pic for your own hairdo... I think you did well! It's so pretty, and so much better than a bun or ponytail when you're looking to get hair up off your neck!

tarable said...

I like it a lot. And I'm 10 years older than you so you should listen to me. ;)

That's the 'do I've been wanting to try out but I couldn't do it in a million years. I can't even braid.

Kate said...

I'm so envious of your hair's texture, it looks like it holds a style really well, but it's silky smooth. Got a secret?

Tiffany said...

This is so pretty!! It makes me wish my hair were long. =)

Xoxo Grandma said...

Swiss yodel not the Dutch! Keep in mind you are at least half Swiss...silly girl. The hair looks cute. Will you do my hair when you come for a visit?

Xoxo Grandma said...

Oh, let Kate know that your Mother would never let you color your hair even when you begged and begged...thus keeping your hair healthier & shinny. Did we ever give you a perm, I can't remember?

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I could never do that -- for the same reason how you felt! But I think it looks great and I admire your talent!

Cynthia Lovell said...

LOVE the do and the Smile that goes with it!!! Very Cute and Pretty!!! Like the outfit too! It all goes with your Naturally You and Your Natural Ways!

carla thorup said...

i've been trying to get on the braid train (and like, not feel so swissy) but i haven't been super successful. yours look great (but yes, still swissy.)

and thanks for the nice comments about EZ and mommyhood. you too kind, gurl.

Kayla Moncur said...

Haha I like your swiss miss hair. It's pretty!

Kayla
Freckles in April

Brittany said...

I think you just needed to messy up the braid a little more. The girl's photo looks like she just rolled out of bed, so it's pretty messy. Or maybe it was just curly first? I dunno.

CC said...

So cute! I love the loose front.
Also you look lovely in that top! :)

AJ Candrian said...

That made me laugh out loud. Oh, Maize... you're so darling. I think the braid just needed to be messier, and rat your hair in the back a ton.

LePetiteLemon said...

That's such the cute hairstyle! I can't for the life of me braid my own hair! I love your nail polish color too! :)