Tuesday, May 12

Twosome Tuesday

Two highlights for my Tuesday:

#1
This morning as I rushed out of my house on my way to work, I realized I didn't really grab anything to eat for breakfast. This is unusual for me. Breakfast is usually the first thing on my mind when I wake up in the morning. I like to eat. I'm always hungry. What's new? As I sat on the bus wondering what I was going to eat once I got to work, I decided that I needed to buy some fruit. I haven't had any in a few days because I haven't been grocery shopping for awhile. What's the point, I'm moving on Friday, and my kitchen is infested with ants? So, foodless and I remain friends. I was somehow so focused on getting into work, that between the Metro and my office, I forgot to stop and pick something up. Another unusual for me. Regardless, it didn't really matter this time. As soon as I walked into work, I discovered one of these waiting for me.


Check on the fruit. Not the kind I had in mind, but I will gladly have a chocolate covered strawberry anytime of day, even if it constitutes as my breakfast at 8:30 in the morning.

#2
Around 3:30 this afternoon I received a fabulous email from my Dad. I love when I randomly get emails from him...it means he was thinking of me. Without going into too many pointless details, by the end of his email, a phone call, and some probing at his pride, come a package in tomorrow's mail, my Dad will be the proud, or not so proud (as he'd like to say) owner of this...


That's right, my Dad has FINALLY agreed to get a cell phone. At the end of our conversation he said this to me, "How many days do I have to return it?" It's just a matter of time before he becomes fond of this little piece of technology. Oh, Daddy, how I love you! As of this moment, I'm the only one who knows his number. We'll see how long it takes him to confess that he's given into peer pressure, and share his sweet little 10 digits.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow that's amazing your dad hasn't had a cell phone. I just found out a couple of my friends don't have one and I was shocked. I hope you had more to eat for breakfast than one strawberry.

Xoxo Grandma said...

The rumor is true; imagine me teaching your father how to use his cell phone. It's been rather funny!

Alicia said...

haha!! thats soo funny.. my dad just got one a while ago . boy are those boys brothers or what?!