Sunday, June 14

Day 20

Dreams come true when you're in Africa.
Just being in Africa is a dream in and of itself, add a safari onto it, and I've become happier than any little kid at Disneyland could ever be. That's a guarantee.

I've always imagined a safari as capturing moment's like these...

Too grotesque? Well, I still think it would be cool. An animal in its element and me feeling threatened, talk about a thrill.

While my safari didn't quite portray what you see above, I'm still going to speak highly of my little adventure. Before we begin, please press play on the following, Hakuna Matata...it will make the next few minutes more enjoyable, trust me!

We'll begin by hanging out with the impala. Note: not the same impala that's in the lion's mouth above...this lucky feller doesn't have to worry about lions in Mokolodi, phew.

Next we'll move to the red-billed hornbill. You may recognize him as Zazu, from the Lion King. Only today's Zazu is brown, not blue.

And this ostrich decided to make a fabulous appearance. We'll have some fun with his kind later...

These two weren't shy...

And neither was he. In fact, I think he liked posing for the camera, just look at that head shot!

Let's not forget Pumbaa, the young wart hog and friends of course...

Some bushbuck. Or maybe they're reedbuck? I forget which...maybe neither...

Kudu...

And then of course, the cheetah's. Oh, am I touching the cheetah? Yeah, it's totally normal.


A few other animals who weren't too eager to pose for a photo op were seen along the way, but unfortunately no zebras, rhinos, or hippos were spotted on this adventure through the wild. Maybe on my next safari, because there will be a next.

For your viewing pleasure.
The animals in action:



They don't call them roadrunners for nothing...



Becoming BFF's with a cheetah...because that's what you do in Africa!

12 comments:

guerry girls said...

That is so so cool Amy! I am so glad that you are having so much fun on your trip! take care.

AJ Candrian said...

WOW AMERS!!! I think I could hear the cheetah purring! So, was this safari kind of like Bear World, where they have a petting zoo... and the safari had a cheetah in their petting zoo? AWESOME!

Rob said...

That is AWESOME. I love cheetahs

Lauren Kay said...

You're petting a cheetah!!! How exciting! SO cool and I'm so jealous!

MichaelJ said...

I am coming with you on your next safari. I'm sooo jealous.

Amy Lovell said...

This was WAY cooler than Bear World...these two cheetah's were rescued when they were young after their mom was killed. And yes, you can definitely hear him purring! Radical!

Rob said...

Cool Mays! Have you caught the traveling bug?
-Lorena

Brittany said...

I'm jealous. Remember when we were little and we all got to choose one of those woven blankets and you chose a cat one, Andrea chose the beach one, and I chose the safari one? What I would really love is if they let me pet a giraffe.

Erin S said...

Wow, Amy, that is so cool! Are you going to Ghana in 2 years to pick up Kirk? Somebody needs to go cause everyone in my family is too chicken!

Xoxo Grandma said...

So fun, I'm glad things worked out and you got to go. YEA for good experiences.

JD said...

LUCKY

Candria said...

I am loving all your posts. Something probably 99 % of us will never experience. The stories you will be able to tell........