Wednesday, July 9

Tell Me I'm Dreaming

I used to be bad at updating my blog. Then I got better. And now, sometimes I forget I even have a blog. I always joke about making my daily happenings "blog worthy", but somehow actually forgetting to record that "blog worthy" material. This post may or may not be what I consider "blog worthy", but it'll have to do for the time being.

As of lately, the most commonly spoken four words from my mouth are: "When I have money...". Living in DC, working at a non-paid internship has led me to speak these words more frequently than I would deem acceptable. Yet, almost daily, they pass through my lips into the ears of those around me. Unfortunate for me, and unfortunate for everyone who has to hear it over and over and over and over again. Am I being greedy with all the things I say I'll get "when I have money?" Most definitely not. You can be the judge of that.
When I have money...
...I'll decorate my room really cute
...I'll be able to go out to dinner with friends and eat more than the complimentary appetizers that are served before you get your actual meal that you have to pay for
...I'll buy hangers to hang up my clothes
...I'll be able to afford plugging in my fan to cool down my 100 degree room
...I'll be able to take the bus up to NYC
...I can go shopping for a substantial supply of groceries
...I'll be able to fly home to Utah to visit my parents
Is it safe to say the homeless man, who sits outside of my building, everyday I walk to work, makes more money than I do? I would undoubtedly say so. Thank goodness the ADA decided to be generous and start paying me, as of last Monday. Now, if I could just see the actual paycheck, maybe the phrase will transition from "when I have money" to "when I have enough money."

2 comments:

Joshua and Joy said...

I don't think you're being selfish. Those would all be nice things to have. I'm glad my room is not 100 degrees anymore. I had to spend a few weeks working in Chicago awhile back, so I know about heat and humidity. Also I went down to Florida on vacation and I remember it being so hot and humid that the minute I left the hotel the sweat would be dripping and I felt like I hadn't just showered. I used to joke about the deodorant Degree. You know their slogan, All Day Long, All Day Strong...except in Florida.

Brittany said...

Thank you for reminding me why I don't have a blog. I don't want to plan/live my life with a blog in mind (i.e. worrying about having "blog worthy" moments"). I think a lot of people do that and it bothers me.