Monday, May 24

From Fittest to Fattest

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a fitness fanatic...at least I was until I moved to Oklahoma City. Not having a gym membership, and semi-giving up running, doesn't make working out easy. However, it does give ease to going insane. Yes, it's true, I have an addiction to working out. And when I can't do it, I just feel... well, blah is the only word that comes to mind. So blah it is, and I simply don't like it. In my defense, I've had to force myself into a hiatus from working out, doctor's orders of course (clearly not mine, since I am getting married in 46 days), until the mono subsided. I still think it's lingering, but I'm making my way back into the workout regime nevertheless. And how could I not, after talking to an old friend/co-worker, about this article, that states that I just moved from the fittest city, Washington, DC, to the fattest city, Oklahoma City, in the US. If that's not motivation enough to get my lazy butt out of bed, and strap on my running shoes to get in a good work out, than I don't know what is? So, tonight I made John come on a run with me through the city. We ran to the capitol and back...I wanted to feel like I was back in DC for a brief second, where the fit kids live, and it worked. However, only seeing two, yes TWO, people out running on our 50 minute run, made me feel far from being back in DC. So, I guess I might as well face up to reality, I live with the fat kids, but I'm not about to get fat. I guess that's what happens when you live in a city that forgot to lay down sidewalks, doesn't have a river to run along, and running along a freeway overpass just isn't quite as scenic.

Maybe I'll have to start up my fat camp sooner than I expected, and that wouldn't be such a bad thing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say start your fat camp now! Sorry there aren't more runners out there to keep you company!

Colie said...

I read that article yesterday too and I meant to email you. Ironic that they do that study just when you moved from the fittest to the fattest city in America...you should get an award or something.

Unknown said...

Love it! Well you know the Potomac and those steps behind he Lincoln are here waiting for you whenever you are ready to come visit! :)

Lindsay Johnson said...

Can we PLEASE start the 'fitness camp meets efy camp' this summer? I don't have a job... you don't have a job... It's perfect!!